Damage from water can cause serious problems for homeowners. Water damage can happen to anyone, due to a variety of reasons. Damage to water can be caused by:
– Water leaks. Of course, the most frequent cause of restoration of water damage is a burst pipe. Other causes include the damage caused by a storm or a leaking roof. Damage from a burst pipe will usually be the most expensive since it requires going to the attic. This usually means taking down the roof or ceiling.
– Drying. This is a less frequent cause of restoration costs for water damage but it’s worth mentioning. Standing foot baths with water (or showers) are those in which there is no water that is coming out of the shower head. Because they are so damp when the walls or floor become wet , they will dry quickly. However, if the water drys out too fast, it could cause mold to develop which isn’t an ideal situation.
Average cost of water damage restoration. The average cost of water damage restoration varies according to the extent of the damage. A pipe that is damaged or broken, or a minor damage is usually less than a fourth of the cost of hiring a restoration firm. Water damage that is serious enough to require a structure to be shut down for several days and is covered by insurance will usually cost more than half the average cost of repairs to water damage.
– Carpeting Drying Out. If your home is undergoing extensive restoration work to repair water damage this could mean that all the carpets in the area need to be taken away and replaced. This will increase the cost of your repair job since you’ll need to purchase new carpeting and/or padding.
– Leaking Pipes. It is extremely rare that a pipe that leaks is caused by water damage restoration services. Most water damage incidents result from poor maintenance. Water damage could be caused by an obstruction in the toilet, sink or drainage system even in an emergency. The average cost of repairing the carpet would be about two-thirds of the cost of replacing it.
– Drying Wet Carpeting. Carpeting needs to be dried quickly if it is saturated with water. This could increase the cost of water damage restoration per square foot. The drying process can be quicker if you need to clean out a flood-prone basement. Lower levels are typically dry. However, even when your basement is dry, there could be water damage underneath the carpeting due to the contraction and expansion that occurs when water dry. To determine how much drying will cost per square foot, calculate the total area of the room divided by the number of square feet, and then multiply the result by the average water damage restoration cost per square foot. Read more about how to remove Cladosporium mold? now.
– Drying and Spills Sometimes restoration companies dealing with water damage are called in when it is very wet. The spillage needs to be cleaned up as soon as it happens. The spillage site must be cleaned up and disinfected as soon as possible. You’ll need engage a plumber to clean up the mess and dry the area. For larger spills, particularly when they’re under carpets or behind wallpaper it might be necessary to have the carpet pulled out and replaced altogether. Once the area is dry, the water damage restoration company must dry the area, which could cost more than hiring a professional water damage restoration service in the first place.